Tuesday, August 3, 2010

#2 Living In The Moment

It's a struggle at times, to look in the mirror and see this face.
It's got more wrinkles and age spots and there's the case of my already high forehead getting higher, and my chin(s) getting lower...

But with age comes wisdom (or at least experience), and I've lived long enough to know that ten years from now I'll look at this picture of myself and think "what the hell was I complaining about? I looked FANTASTIC!" So I'm going to try to see this part of the journey as a glass half full.
I'm not overweight, I'm juicy.
I'm not wrinkled, I'm wise.

And no matter how old I get I will never be too old to laugh.
Or have sex.
Preferably both at the same time.

I think hitting fifty next year will be amazing.  I'm so grateful for the gift of this life.  I've had friends who didn't make the milestone, and I don't take for granted that I might not make it either.

I'm just going to try to find a parcel of joy in each and every day.
If I can't, well, I'll shoot for satisfaction.
And if that isn't forthcoming, I can settle for no guilt.
But if by chance the fault is mine, I'll try to do better the next day.  If the next day doesn't arrive, I'll go for the law of averages.  Because I'm more good than bad.  And even when I'm bad, I'm pretty good.

As the French say,  "J'essaie".

2 comments:

  1. Right on. fantastic advice for all of us. I plan to steal a little of this for myself. Find something each day to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not to far from 50 myself! I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete