Sunday, January 2, 2011

#3 Stop Listening To That Mean Old Woman Who Lives In My Head

Seriously.  She clearly needs to get laid.  Or have a drink.  The only thing she can think to do is to tell me my ideas are no good, that I'll not finish, that others have done it better already?  What makes her such an expert?

I have too many ideas and not enough time, it's true.  I have romantic notions ill-befitting a nearly fifty year old woman, I'll give her that.  There are many, many, many people doing everything better than I, making more money, being more beautiful and desirable and delicious than I.  Still....

Still.  I will shut her piehole, or at least get better at ignoring her this year.  I will do things because I enjoy doing them.  If I don't finish, I have the experience of starting, of beginning something new, I will have learned something about myself.

I will take my place at the table of life and relish every last crumb.
What's that old woman?!  Lalalalala - I can't hear you...

No comments:

Post a Comment